Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sleepytime

Cora spent the entire day sleeping. I'm not exaggerating. She woke up once at about 2:30 for her physical therapy, and when it was finished she fell back asleep. Then she woke up again at about 6:00, got a diaper change and promptly threw up, then back to sleep. I requested a bouncy seat for her to try, thinking maybe we could have a little fun activity time. I kept waiting for her to wake up and play with me, but she never did.

(I find it funny but also sad that I now consider sitting in a bouncy seat to be a fun adventure. Just think, a ride in a stroller would be a European vacation!)

Yesterday's blood cultures came back positive, which just means that eight or so hours after beginning antibiotics she still had her infection. Not too surprising. They will just keep culturing her everyday to see if she's responding well to the antibiotics.

There is a chance we will move to UCSF tomorrow, but probably not likely. In order to be cleared for moving, Cora needs to have been on antibiotics for 48 hours (which she will have been), and also needs to return to her baseline in terms of general health (whatever that is.) But we also need a room to open up at UC, and for all the other logistical stars to align. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm hoping today's sleep fest is just about getting some really good rest so she can beat this infection. Then maybe tomorrow she's going to snap back into action. But just in case her marathon sleep is an indication of something else, I'm going to stay here tonight. That will satisfy the little worry voice within me.

1 comment:

  1. i hope, michele, that while little cora sleeps and hopefully heals, that you will get some restful sleep, too. listen, too, to the other voice within you that is saying "I am here." xox

    ReplyDelete