Monday, April 8, 2013

Just a brief update, written in exhaustion

Tonight I will be brief. It was a long but very fun day on my end, with some very good times spent with family and old friends. The kids were thrilled all day long, and they partied strong from 6am until 10pm. It's amazing what these Disney endorphins can do.

Jay had another day of the same at the hospital. Cora is still seeming somewhat uncomfortable and definitely still working hard with her breathing. The idea of discharging us before the cath was now off the table, mostly thanks to the help of our insurance company who is thus far proving wrong everything I previously believed about insurance companies. They have really helped us through this process.

This afternoon one of the doctors informed Jay that the cath had been moved up and will take place tomorrow morning instead of Thursday. There was no explanation as to why. My heart sank when he told me because of course I won't be able to be there. I thought about changing our plans and coming home early but Jay talked me out of it. He says I am doing the important job of making our very wonderful kids happy and that he can handle things there at the hospital. I know he can do it, I just feel crappy about it happening when I'm so far away.

It's all so very frustrating but if I know anything by now it's that very little is in my hands or goes the way I'd like it to.





2 comments:

  1. God be with you Cora! You can do it, show them how strong and wonderful you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't she just saying "i'll catch the next trip with you, guys!" God bless little cora and all of you. can't say it often enough - God sure knew what he was doing, letting her land in your family!

    ReplyDelete