Sunday, May 12, 2013

Just a short entry, containing absolutely nothing noteworthy

It was another good day for Cora -- she's chugging her way along and has built up quite a stretch of progress. As I've mentioned before the only things really keeping her in the hospital at this point are finalizing the correct doses of her medications and then transitioning her from NJ tube feeding to NG. We will be working on both of those things over the next few days.

It is a given that she will be discharged on oxygen and will still require the feeding tube, as well as a hefty buffet of medications, but we can live with that.

I had a great Mother's Day. I was able to spend some time with Jason's family over breakfast this morning, some one on one time with Cora, and some time with Dominic and Cosie and friends of ours at Dolores Park in the city. It was such a beautiful sunny day that just being outside made me happy. I loved going down the slide with the kids and watching Dominic bravely conquer the big play structures all on his own. Watching them play, there was a moment when I wished they would never get any bigger than they are today.


Needless to say I am so immensely grateful for my family, and especially for these little beings who have so deeply enriched my life. They are, without a doubt, one hundred percent crazy, but they are beautiful and strong and loving and wise and delightful, and each of the three of them is exactly the right child for me. Funny how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment