Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eye on the Prize

Cora has made some great strides in the past few days and they are even talking about transitioning her out of the ICU in the next couple of days. She has weaned all the way down to just regular nasal cannula oxygen and off of the hi flow, and they have begun to wean down her drips as well.

Although she's not her old self yet, I can see her coming through a little more each day.

There are still many questions about her heart function, but the reality is that even if it's not great, she could move to the step-down unit so long as she looks good clinically. There are medications to be tweaked and other items to follow up on, but we are definitely, for the first time in a very long time, moving toward the yellow house.

I can tell Cora wants to go home. I most definitely want her to come home. I just know in my heart that she will do so much better than she ever has if she can be with us, around all the crazy chaos of her brother and sister, and seeing the world, one little piece of our neighborhood at a time.

4 comments:

  1. praying that each of the next few days moves cora a little bit closer to your yellow house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I'm knowing you and Cora a little better each night, as I sit here and come looking for the day's report. You don't know me, but with a sister in San Rafael also with small children, I feel like we certainly could know each other, you are one of us. (Even had friends in the same run last weekend.) Found your story originally on Glennon's Momastery, and now I'm here. Leaving you a comment for no other reason than to know that we are listening and your voice, Cora's story, is being told. Good night and a peaceful rest to you and all your babies tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Lionheart - show them all how wonderful and healthy you are going to be!
    Everyone is looking forward to you living in the yellow house with your family! What a Mother's Day gift that would be...
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this post! I am so so happy...

    ReplyDelete