Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Tuesday

I'm just hanging here at the hospital with little Shebs, who is currently completely passed out on my lap. 

Today was, I guess you could say, a pretty decent day. I got a good night's sleep last night and went to work this morning. Jason got the kids up and ready and then went to work himself, and Cora stayed solo at the hospital until I could head over after work. 

Even though I hate to accept her being here during the day without one of us, I have to admit it's never really like she's alone -- she has all of her nurse friends and fans here. I ran into at least three nurses who we've become close with through our ordeal (none of whom were actually assigned as her nurse today) who said some variation of, "I stopped in to play with Cora today," or, "I was cuddling Cora today!" With those beautiful eyes and those delicious chubs, she's quite the little celebrity around here.

The plan when we arrived was to aggressively work to get fluid off Cora's lungs, which basically meant putting her on IV medications. However when her initial lab work came back it showed that her electrolytes were low. Therefore the plan has been placed on hold while they replace her electrolytes. Hopefully within the next day or so the electrolytes will get back to normal and then we can go back to working on the lungs.  After getting the lungs situated the next step will be the cath, which will most likely be early next week. Cora never being one to offer a straightforward picture, I'm doubtful that it will yield some silver bullet problem that could be easily solved. But still I am hopeful that it will at least provide more understanding than we have today.

In the meantime Cora is on additional oxygen and still breathing hard. She seems bummed about it all.

Meanwhile Jason, Grammie and Papa and took Dominic and Cosette out to dinner and to see Monsters University. The thought of them sitting there eating popcorn and M&Ms makes me happy. 

Oh, and Cora is currently wearing pink and white striped, very fashionable little bloomers. And that makes me happy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment